Mr. Huvard concentrates in government, land use, finance, and real estate. He has represented clients in the formation, financing and construction of apartments, mixed-use retail, office and condominium projects, public/private partnerships and TIF districts. He advised Loyola University of Chicago in the annexation and zoning of its 97-acre Retreat and Ecology Campus. He advised the Village of Schaumburg in the establishment of Town Square Center and the City of Prospect Heights in the preparation of a TIF redevelopment agreement for a sports and entertainment arena.
Mr. Huvard advises entrepreneurial clients in the acquisition of investments and the formation of partnerships and limited liability companies. He has drafted agreements with complex capital structures, management provisions, investor safeguards, and buy-out agreements. Mr. Huvard serves as village attorney for Riverwoods, Illinois and Golf, Illinois, and he is a member of the Plan Commission of Glencoe, Illinois.
- Created an “Ecology Campus” zoning district on behalf of Loyola University of Chicago for a retreat and ecology center in Bull Valley, IL.
- Obtained zoning and special use approvals for large, mixed-use condominium and apartment developments, in LaGrange, IL, Evanston, IL and Wilmette, IL, over 1,000 units in aggregate.
- Prepared reciprocal easement operating agreements, for high-rise and mid-rise mixed–use projects in Chicago, IL, Evanston, IL, Wilmette, IL, and Meza, AZ and for office campus properties in Des Plaines, IL and Deerfield, IL.
- Prepared zoning district, annexation and special use amendments to guide $250 million redevelopment of 1,200,000 square feet on the campus of Discover Financial Services, Riverwoods, IL.
- Prepared GMP construction contracts and negotiated construction and mezzanine financing for a variety of high-rise and mid-rise mixed-use projects in Chicago, IL and Evanston, IL.
- Drafted ordinances for the protection of woodlands and limiting outdoor lighting to preserve the night sky.